What is Mid-Autumn Festival?
To the Chinese, Mid-Autumn Festival means family reunion and peace. The festival is celebrated when the moon is believed to be the biggest and fullest. To the Chinese, a full moon is a symbol of prosperity, happiness, and family reunion.
Mid-Autumn Festival Facts
- Name in Chinese: 中秋节 Zhongqiujie /jong-chyoh-jyeah/
- Importance: the second most important (traditional) Chinese Festival after Chinese New Year
- Date: September 15th. 2016
- Popular food: mooncakes
- Celebrations: admiring the full moon, eating mooncakes
- Origin: A harvest festival with origins in moon worship.
- History: Over 3,000 years
- Greetings: The simplest is "Happy Mid-Autumn Festival" (中秋快乐).
HAPPY MID-AUTUMN FESTIVAL